I hope you are as excited as I am when you saw ‘Cookie’ in the title of this post! I want to bust the stereotype of vegan foods once and for all!
These cookies are unlike any other cookie I have had; 1. They are vegan, but 2. The cookies are also so amazingly tasty! They are really similar to brownie cookies, so gooey and soft! I literally love them!
Now don’t be that person that has the stereotypical idea that all vegan food is healthy, because that ain’t true! If you are trying to be healthy, you probably shouldn’t be eating cookies (moderation I guess, but I have no control, I have such a sweet tooth :))
Anyway, these cookies, I have tested the cookies on many many people who did not know they were vegan until after they had one (or two or three). I told them and they were shocked!
If you love organic foods or have an allergy, such as gluten-free or dairy free here are some awesome online stores!
Think of a Costco or a Sam’s Club, but with only healthy options! They offer a huge variety or gluten-free and vegan options, as well as just run of the mill things. Such as granola bars, deodorant, Etc.
You can get a 30 day free trial (Can cancel at any time!) and then you can decide after if you want a membership! When you get one, you are also sponsoring a membership for a lower-income family! Use the link to get 25% off your first order!
It is more based around Breads, pastas, waffles, Granola Bars, Etc. They are grain/gluten-free, NON-GMO, nutrient infused, and natural!
All their products are so good! Plus, they are also Paleo friendly, low sodium, high in protein and Fiber.
However, if you have a nut allergy shop with caution and make sure to look at the labels, because many of the products contain Almonds and Coconut. Use the link to get 10% off your first Purchase!!
Look at my last post about Organic Essential Oils!
Seriously, make these and bring them to a party or a get-together, or as a gift!
Alright here’s the recipe:
- 1/2 cup vegan butter ( I would recommend a vegan butter, rather than coconut oil, even though a valid substitute for dairy butter, it gets tricky with temperature!)
- 1 cup sugar ( I used cane sugar)
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk ( I use Rice Milk!)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup or more dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees!
- Cream together the butter and sugar, using a fork, working/smashing the butter into the sugar.
- Next, add the rice milk (nondairy milk) and vanilla! Stir!
- Measure out the flour and I would add the flour sections and then stir in between, just so the mixture doesn’t get too dry.
- We all know that struggle of trying to stir and then getting flour everywhere!
- Add Cocoa Powder
- Stir in baking powder and Baking soda.
- Then mix in the chips!
Place the dough on the tray, measuring the dough into a tbsp size, but honestly, the size is up to your preference. Then throw them in the oven (not literally) and let them bake for 8-10 mins 😛
These are the ingredients that I used to make the cookies!
Here are the steps in visualizations of the dough:
YAY NOW YOU HAVE COOKIES!!
I hope you enjoyed learning this recipe!!
Let me know in the comments if I should do more recipes or what kind I should try!!